I just bought Nomadic Matt’s How To Make Money With Your Travel Blog. After thinking about it for forever, he’s making a sale offer I couldn’t pass up. Until June 27, 2010, it’s only $10. I’m looking forward to getting it and start improving this site!
In his own words:
I make over $3,000 dollars a month from my travel website. That is enough to keep anybody traveling and being a digital nomad for a long time. Even if you don’t want to be a digital nomad, it’s still a nice side income that can help pay for your trip. This ebook has all of my tips, tricks, secrets, and advice on how to build a successful blog, rank high in Google search results, and make money through advertising.
The ebook is split into 6 sections:
- Starting a Blog– Basic but necessary information about picking a niche (what are you an expert in?), choosing what kind of travel blog to have (there is more than one), and the number of websites to run.
- Installing Your Blog– All about choosing the right website name, picking a WordPress theme, and installing SEO plugins.
- Getting Traffic- How to use sites like Stumble Upon, gain followers, find other bloggers, and use Twitter and Facebook to your advantage to build a community around your blog.
- Search Engine Optimization– Detailed information about SEO, how it works, site optimization, link building, and where to find those valuable links to rank high in Google.
- Monetizing Your Blog– Covers the main types of advertising, which work best for different sites, how much to charge, and where to find willing advertisers.
- Putting it All Together– What to expect from all of this and how to best utilize your time.
The ebook takes you through the whole process of blogging, SEO, and monetizing your website. There is information in the book for beginners as well as those with a little more knowledge.
Right now I’m really just interested in what drives a travel site, not really the financial aspect. This and the free ebook that comes with this on how to build a travel blog should be quite helpful though.
If you do decide you want to also develop your travel blog, click here to view more details and buy though that link before Monday, September 6, 2010 at 12pm US eastern time. You’ll help me as an affiliate! After Monday, September 6th at 12pm US eastern time, Matt will be switching out the links so starting then, and then only, please buy at this link: http://www.1shoppingcart.com/app/?af=1239245